Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Being Sick Really Sucks Here

January 25, 2010
Dear Mom and Dad,
This last week has been an interesting one. Most of it was spent in the house. Elder Cherrington was sick a lot and spent most of the week sleeping. He got better on Saturday and we went out again. On Saturday it was pouring rain all day and really windy. It was miserable and I was freezing the whole time. That whole day was spent shivering and walking around the island. Sunday morning I woke up with a bad cold. My whole body was weak and my head was throbbing. I couldn't do anything so we ended up staying in the house again. Being sick really sucks out here. Staying in the house drives me nuts.

I would have gone crazy this week but on Thursday the zone leaders saved us. We had an exchange with them. Elder Wells stayed on Romonnum with me and Elder Cherrington went to Weno to try to get medicine. The exchange with Elder Wells was fun. we did not get too much work done but it was still a good day. We went and said a lot of good-byes. I don't think I told you this already, but Elder Wells is going to Guam tomorrow to become the new Assistant to the president. He hates the thought of leaving so much. I don't know what is going on with the rest of the zone, but I will probably know more today. I'll write down everything when I know. Anyways, so the exchange was for Elder Wells to say good-bye to a lot of people here.

1 comment:

  1. Ran annim. I'm Chuukese myself and just happened upon your blog. Thanks for sharing with the world your son's journey of faith among my people. I don't belong to your faith community but do share the same Christian tradition. I am always inspired by the commitment of the young Mormons on mission in Chuuk with their neckties and always friendly demeanor. You should be proud of your son and I'm grateful for the inspiration. Hope he feels better. Iwe ina kinisou chapur!

    In faith,
    Vid Raatior

    ReplyDelete