Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Eopwet

Kevin mentioned eopwet in November. I have copied the paragraph where he described it. When we received his camera card last week, the pictures from his experience with eopwet were on there and I thought people might enjoy seeing the pictures.
Kevin said, "I have some new food news. I tried a local Chuukese dish. It looks like diarrhea, smells like diarrhea and well... tastes like it. It is called eopwet. It is breadfruit that has been buried in the ground for over a month. It just sits underground and rots. After a month they pull it out and cook it in banana leaves and then let it cool and enjoy! I never want to have eopwet again. Only about half the people here actually eat it. That is really good because now I know that not everyone here is crazy."





No comments:

Post a Comment